I sampled grapes yesterday. It looks like the rain postponed the crush of some varietals. The brix on the Zin was way low and we won't get to that grape until the end of the month. I will sample the Grenache and Malbec again on Sunday but, so far, it looks like we may be able to crush the Grenache on Tuesday, Oct 18th and the Malbec on Thursday, Oct 20th. More to follow 'cause crush dates are always VERY flexible. I will post again when the crush date is confirmed. However, I am pleased with the grape flavors in the field and the Syrah we crushed tastes great.